Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Live Blogging the Nova Scotia Election

Hey everyone, I'll be live blogging the Nova Scotia election tonight, that's of course when I'm not praying to God we can hold the Orange Menace to a minority.

So join me here when the polls close for thoughts and analysis from me, as well as comments being opened up for all (i.e. you won't need a blogger account) for one night only. (spam will still be deleted quickly so don't bother)

The times are as follows.
Greenwich Mean Time -> 10pm
Newfoundland Time -> 7:30pm
Atlantic Time -> 7:00pm
Eastern Time -> 6:00pm
Central Time -> 5:00pm
Mountain Time -> 4:00pm
Pacific Time-> 3:00pm

4 comments:

Brad Dillman said...

I'm wondering if Waverly-Fall River-Beaverbank might be a close race tonight (I hope!). I have heard some slight or moderate disappointment with NDP Percy Paris, and I think he won last time by around 500 votes or less. Also, the last time the Liberal candidate barely had 10% of the riding vote; it could've been soft Liberal switching to NDP over PC.

This time around the Liberal candidate is much stronger (former Halifax county councilor) and the PC candidate, well, has the PC party holding him back I think.

The NDP have momentum in general, and that will probably translate into this riding, but nothing's for sure.

It could be the soft Liberal vote could stay with Mr. Paris to avoid a PC government; or the soft Liberal vote might come back to a stronger candidate/party leader combination.

Or, the NDP/Liberal split might allow the PC up the middle.

It could be close! Stay tuned.

Hishighness said...

Is that your riding?

Brad Dillman said...

Yes. But I'm trying to stay as objective as I can. It's hard, of course.

Hishighness said...

I gave up trying to be objective, it's just not my style. I don't like the other parties and I'll scream it from the rooftops.

But everyone is different.