Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Wishes For the Election

I did this last election and although it wasn't particularly successful I figured I'd do it again. This time I'm going to break my wishes down in to three categories: Expected, Toss-Up, and Long Shot. All three are pretty much self explanatory.

Expected
- I hope we hold the Conservatives to at least a Minority.

- I hope Mike Savage wins my home riding (I live in Halifax now, but Dartmouth will always be my home)

- I hope Siobhan Coady wins St. John's South-Mount Pearl.

- I hope the Conservatives get shut out in Newfoundland.

- I hope the Conservatives lose seats in Quebec.

- I hope the Greens don't win a seat.

Toss-Up
- I hope that like the last election we do better in Ontario than expected.

- I hope we see some Conservative cabinet ministers go down in flames tonight.

- I hope the Greens don't finish any better than 2nd anywhere.

Long Shot
- I hope we win Government.

- I hope the Liberals can somehow overcome the Orange wave of ignorance in Halifax and elect Catherine Meade. It sucks living in a freakin Orange cesspool. (P.S. just so you're clear dippers, a vote for the NDP is a vote for a 2nd Stephen Harper term, don't delude yourself in to thinking otherwise.)

- I hope the Greens don't win enough votes to get federal funding. (I'm not normally Conservative on taxes, but why the Hell should my tax dollars go to support ANY political party? Particularly ones I wouldn't support if my life depended on it.)

- I hope the number of NDP MPs goes down.

- I hope Olivia Chow loses.

- I Hope Gerard Kennedy wins, we're going to need someone as a viable alternative to Iggy and Rae.

So, there we have it. I hope most of all that we can at least keep Harper to a minority again, it looks good but the latest Nanos poll showed a 3% rise in people making a terrible choice (a.k.a. Voting Conservative) over the Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: