Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'm Very Happy

I haven't said much for a while, I'm sure some of you thought I died or got thrown in Jail by Harper or something but I'm still here.

I just wanted to say I'm very happy the Greens have been excluded from the debates once again. I'm happy their sleazy little trick of taking a tainted MP who the Liberals booted out of their caucus and turning him Green didn't succeed. I've mentioned this issue before.

http://liberal4lifeblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/time-honored-tradition.html

But I do think that we need to set clear rules for the inclusion of the leadership debates so that fringe parties like the Greens know exactly what they have to do to get in. I think that it should have something to do with being elected to official party status in the house but then you get in to the problem of what happened to the PC's in 1993. (hehehe) So maybe if a party has been elected to official party status in any of the last 3 elections? Something along those lines. But having a single elected MP shouldn't be threshold.

2 comments:

Goldenhawk said...

Hey man, nice to see you again online. Hope all is well.

Hishighness said...

Hey the country needs me! ;) But thanks for the kind words. After the Patriots lost the Superbowl I sorta went into seclusion. Though I'm handling the loss of Tom Brady much better.