Friday, September 08, 2006

Oh Kids Look! It's The Pope!

I heard about the Pope's latest diatribe today from Peace, Order, and Good Government. When I think about the Pope I always think about Bill Maher's take from Victory Begins at Home.

“I think Western civilization is more enlightened precisely because we have learned how to ignore our religious leaders. You know, I mean every religious leader says things. You know when one of their ayatollahs issues a falafel they do it. *laughter* We don't follow it. I mean the pope says a lot of things.”

Imitating the Pope: “No pre-marital sex.”

“Thank you very much. *laughter* Charming you are a charmer, thank you. Hey kids get in here look it's the Pope! Oh it's like seeing an albino tiger in the wild! How much longer you be able to see that? The Pope.”

Imitating the Pope: “No Masturbation.”

“He's doing all his greatest hits! Look at that! Thank you you're a fabulous Catholic celebrity, now go back to the castle.”

Now, of course Harper is probably devestated that he's failed one of his masters on this issue, but thankfully he can't do anything about it....yet.

No comments: