Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bush's Freudian Slip

Note: I know I pimp Bill Maher a lot on this blog, but seriously the guy is brilliant and his show is hilarious and informative. It's what David Letterman calls "Infotainment."

I'm not a big fan of Katie Couric. That isn't to say I don't like her, I like her fine I think she's a very good TV personality and she's obviously very bright, but I just don't really like her on my TV is all, nothing personal she's just a bit too bubbly for me. Anyway, as most of us know she is the new host of the CBS Evening News, and on her first night she got an interview with President Bush. During the interview Bush said the following:

"one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."

Bill Maher discusses the incident (WMV)
Watch The Interview (RealMedia)
Transcript of That Part of the Interview

What makes the timing of this slip up even more interesting is yesterday the U.S. Senate declassified a report that stated there was no link between Iraq and Al Qaeda before the attacks of September 11th.

Associated Press Report
Declassified Report (pdf)

No comments: