Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Am I the Only one who Didn't Know the Yukon was Going to the Polls?

Not a whole lot of coverage on this, and when I say "not a whole lot" I mean zero. At least that's I've seen. I just happened to stumble upon it on CBC's website.

Link

Looks like the Yukon Party Leader and Premier Dennis Fentie is in some Hot Water over his offer of free plane rides while he campaigns, no doubt in the hope of some good publicity. Don't believe me? Here's what he said about the issue:

'The spirit and intent, I offer it to you. I would hope you reciprocate in kind.'

Nah, that's not asking for Quid Pro Quo. BTW The "Yukon Party" are what Conservatives up there call themselves...

Another old Conservative trick I noticed was him using was calling the election at the time most likely to cause low voter turnout. Apparantly municipal elections are being held there Oct 19th, with the Territorial election Oct 10th. Link Reminds me of a couple of elections ago here when Johnny Hammbone called an election on like the day before a long weekend in the middle of Summer. Ah those Conservatives love democracy don't they?


Tags:

No comments: