Sunday, July 23, 2006

Smile for the Camera

I was pretty impressed when the Harpherfuher decided to go to Cyprus to help out with the Lebanese refugee crisis. Was I impressed with the compassion it showed? No, we all know that wasn't there. No no, I was impressed at how quickly he's managed to convert Dubya's playbook into his own version. The only thing that shocked me about it was that he didn't try to make it a "surprise visit" like Dubya likes to do. I'm wondering when his first surprise visit to Afghanistan will be.

Unfortunately bullshit like this works on people. "Oh look at him, he went to Cyprus, he cares about those people." No he doesn't, he cares about votes and getting a majority so he can persecute many of these same people back in Canada. These kinds of trips make people think he's risking it all to support the troops, bullshit! Dubya, nor his lap dog Harper wouldn't think of setting foot off their planes if they thought they were in any danger. I also liked the nice touch he and his spin doctors added of allowing some refugees to come back to Canada on his plane. That was a heartwarming touch, say what you want about these people (and I will) but they are excellent when it comes to fooling people into thinking they care about anyone but themselves. They're like that girl, we've all had one in our lives, that pretends to like you until she gets what she wants out of you and then you wake up naked on your lawn and all your stuff has been stolen by her and flown to Tempe Arizona on your Credit Card. Ok maybe that was just me, but still you know what I mean.

2 comments:

wilson said...

""he cares about votes and getting a majority so he can persecute many of these same people back in Canada.""

Do you think that the stand he took on Israel won him votes in Quebec, BC, and Ontario?

I don't. PMSH took a stand, did what he considers the right thing, regardless of the votes lost.

Hishighness said...

Do you think...I don't.

I don't really give a shit what some random fascist thinks, but thanks for the comment. :P