Friday, July 21, 2006

And the Endorsement Goes To....

Scott Brison.

I wasn't going to endorse anyone, because I figure what the Hell is the point it's not like it matters? I think that Bloggers who do endorse people overestimate their importance in our political and social system, but meh Cerberus was makin a list, and he saved my life in Nam (Last year, we went and he jumped on some bad rice for me.) So I figured I'd let all my loving fans know who I support and use my massive power to sway the victory in Brison's favor. Also, I figured I'd save the party the bother of going through a convention. Now that I've endorsed Brison it's impossible for anyone else to win.

Seriously tho, my biggest concern is the horrible quality of candidates we have, Brison is the only one that doesn't scare the shit out of me. Bob "Kiss Ontario Seats Goodbye" Rae? Michael "I Haven't Lived In Canada For Years" Ignatief, As for Kennedy I dunno about this guy. To be fair I don't know a lot about him, but something about the way a lot of my peers started viewing him as the messiah and pledging to commit suicide in a Manison in Rancho Santa Fe California if he isn't elected that irks me.

Anyway, Beam Me Up Cerby!

7 comments:

Ryan Ringer said...

Hahahahah... I know the suicide cult thing is a REALLY cheap shot, but man... it was a funny one.

Hishighness said...

I'm just tellin the truth man, that's the honest to God feeling I got when I saw the reactions of bloggers to that guy.

Monkey Loves to Fight said...

Good choice. He was not my first choice, but I supported him for PC leader and I could easily rally behind him as Liberal leader. I choose Dion since I thought he had the best chance at defeating Harper, although I must say I find myself agreeing with Brison on most issues. The good news is he is young enough he will probably get another chance, whereas Rae and Ignatieff likely won't unless we get clobbered next election and have another leadership race in another year, which I hope doesn't happen.

Ryan Ringer said...

cherniak_wft:

I think Dion's got some charisma about him as well. The best word to use is "feisty." It's not the same as "debonaire," but I think I prefer it.

Hishighness said...

Ya, I don't think we're going to see "dionmania" anytime soon.

Hishighness said...

cherniak_wtf I think you might be legally retarded (Classic Sean Connery SNL Celebrity Jeopardy Quote -Ed.)

Joshua Fraser said...

Kennedy is a nice enough man, but I too don't understand his cult following. I have met him on a number of occasions and he offered me the same platitudes over and over again. I mean this guy is bankrupt in terms of ideas and policies. That's why I like Scott is he has ideas to back up his politics.