Friday, June 02, 2006

Volpegate, um Why Do I Care Again?

Not that I'm a big fan of Joe Volpe or anything, but this issue was brought to my attention by a Conservative Knuckledragger so I figured I should inject my $0.02 in to the debate. So here it is.

I couldn't care less.

I bet the knuckledragger in question isn't surprised, because if the Conservatives make a big deal about this it'll just prove yet again what I already knew: The only thing they are good at is making wrongdoing in the vicinity of a Liberal seem like an actual Liberal scandal. Yes sir they're good at taking out their smear rifle with its patented Conservative lie-o-scope technology and pointing it at the wrong man, we Liberals are beginning to feel a bit like Richard Kimble.

For those of you who don't know Joe Volpe's campaign received campaign contributions from the children of adult donors. (on top of the money the donors themselves gave.) Obviously its an attempt to get around the campaign finance laws, but I'll be damned if I see what it has to do with Volpe. If I rob a bank and then donate that money to my local MP how is that the fault of the MP? The people to blame are the parents of these children. But like I said anything that goes wrong in the vicinity of a Liberal must be their fault.

Give me a break.

3 comments:

Red Tory said...

You're defending the indefensible on this one, I'm afraid.

Hishighness said...

How am I defending the indefendable? I'm not saying what the parents did wasn't wrong, I'm saying Volpe had nothing to do with it. Of course that doesn't mean anything to you Conservatives, and your "smear first, ask questions later." policy.

Hishighness said...

I actually mentioned your email to a friend and he asked me to remind you of this:

Well, considering Mr. Harpocrite has both

a ) served as president for an organization that refuses to list its donors

and

b ) not provided a full list of donors to his leadership campaign

I'd say that guy should enjoy a nice tall glass of Shut the Fuck Up


I wholeheartedly agree.