Monday, February 06, 2006

So Prime Minister, When Can We Expect That By-Election?

Over the course of my tenure here at Liberal For Life I've done my best to expose Conservative hypocrisy, I never intended things to be that way. But when I was faced with the sheer volume of it, it became impossible not to mention it. Today's defection by David Emerson is yet the latest example.

Now I'm sure Conservatives love this, and they're waiting for die hard Liberals such as myself to go off much like they did when Stronach crossed the floor, but they'll get no such satisfaction from me. I say good riddance, to be completely honest I wasn't very impressed with Mr. Emerson as a Cabinet Minister and am glad to see him gone, if he wants to be part of an ultra far right, regressive government I say all the power to him. When we retain our majority in the next election he'll be forever shut out of power and that can only be a good thing for Canada.

But another reason I'm not angry about this is it shows once again what a liar and a hypocrite Prime Minister Harper is to the Canadian people, I hope the Liberals do a good job of showing the Canadian people this as well. Will Mr. Emerson be running in a leadership campaign? Of course not, that would require Prime Minister Harper to not be a hypocrite, and that is something Conservatives can't do.