Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Voted Yesterday

Can you guess who I voted for? :D

Seriously though, normally I perfer to vote on the actual Election Day. I don't know why, it just feels different and special to me somehow. But because the opposition forced a Winter election I decided that it would be smarter to vote early to make sure I got a chance to. The last thing I'd want is to have their be a snowstorm on January 23rd and I wouldn't be able to go vote.

Also my Father voted today as well. He's been disabled ever since he had a stroke in February of 2003 and can't get around so well. Last time he didn't vote because I waited until the last day and he wasn't feeling well enough to go out, thank God it didn't come down to a single vote. I wasn't going to let that happen this time. They have a mobile poll service where you just call up your returning officer and they'll send someone out and you can vote right in your home if you can't get to the polls. If any of you have a friend or a family who is a Liberal supporter who would like to vote but can't get to the polls call your returning officer's office and ask about it.


My brother has said he won't vote Liberal because of the corruption, so I'm going to try to convince him by explaining that it was only a handful and then going through all that Paul Martin did to be accountable to the Canadian people. He doesn't really care about politics so I asked him as a family favor to not vote NDP or Tory, so he said he'd vote for the Marxist-Leninist party. LOL Hopefully I can convince him to go with another Red party instead. :D