Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Harper's Freudian Slip

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this or not, but I picked up on it right away when I was watching the debate and went back and recorded it when I was done watching. If you care to watch the whole thing in context it happens at 1 hour and 8 minutes in to the debate.

The moderator asks Harper about if he could co-operate with Layton on a budget and in Harper's answer he says:

We're obviously seeking a mandate from the Canadian people to pursue our priorities.



Notice he doesn't say "their" (The Canadian People's) priorities. He says "our" (The Conservative Party's) priorities.

I think this is very telling of what I've been saying all along. The Conservatives want to obtain power so they can mould Canada in their image. They want Canada's priorities to be their priorities, they want to legislate things such as abortion and same sex marriage so that people will be forced, BY LAW to agree with what they think. Obviously I think this is dangerous thinking.

To watch the video of this click here. (Requires Real Player)