Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Once again the Conservatives prove me right

The number one argument I get from Conservative supporters I meet online and on the street is that the Liberals are corrupt and need to be removed from office. I'm a nice guy and don't enjoy watching people make fools of themselves so I try to talk some sense in to them by letting them know that unfortunatly all governments are corrupt because they are run by human beings, and that the Conservatives don't want to clean up the corruption, they want to be the ones doing the corrupting.

But alas, the Conservative supporters carry on in their blissful state, thinking their vote is going to to toward outsing the mean old corrupt Liberals and bringing in the knights in shining blue armor Conservatives.

However, slowly the Conservatives are starting to prove publically what I've known all along. They are just as corrupt as any of the other parties.

The first chink in their armor appeared about on November 29th when I found an article by Le Revue Gauche describing what looks to be a possible Conservative Ad Scam in Alberta.

The next step has come today when there is news in the riding of Ottawa South that Conservative
Alan Ridell accepted $50,000 to step aside as their candidate to make room for Whistleblower Allan Cutler.

Believe me the poetic justice of Allan Cutler, the so called centerpiece of Stephen Harper's accountability team, being the one who benefitted from this bribe is not lost on me. The Conservatives continuously hammered away at the Liberals for actions exactly like these, villifying the entire party when it was clear from the start it was only a handful of people that were involved. I won't sink to their level, except to say once again, maybe they're not as squeaky clean as they say.

No comments: