Monday, December 05, 2005

Horrible Idea Update

Spencer Writes:
Why must the Gov't "control" things? Why do Liberals not trust the people to do the right thing. Like feed and cloth their children. I do not get the liberal idea of things. Why must the gov't be in control? I think I can make the best decisions about the upbring of my kids.
I love the clever play on words he uses as he makes it sound like I want to put a microchip in everyone's brain to "control" them.

Why must the government control things?

Because people aren't perfect. How many times have you spent money on something when you knew should have been spent on something far more important?

Why do Liberals not trust the people to do the right thing Like feed and clothe their children?

Because some people don't. It's unfortunate but true. Now maybe this is just my Atlantic Canada "culture of defeat" talking here, but some people are bad parents. I know Conservatives like to live in a dream world where everyone always does the right thing but Liberals know better.

I think I can make the best decisions about the upbring of my kids.

I'm sure YOU can, but I'm also equally as sure that OTHERS cannot, I have seen such first hand.

But answer me this if nothing else: Why would it be so bad to make it so that parents have to spend this money on their children instead of buying booze and cigarettes? If every parent is perfect like you seem to think, then they're going to spend the money on their children anyway! so what's the difference whether it's mandatory or not?

No comments: