Friday, December 16, 2005

Day 17 Winners:

The Liberals.

I can see Conservative supporters rolling their eyes right about now, but I've given you guys 7 days so cut me some slack!

The reason I pick the Liberals is because of the nature of debates. Ask anyone who knows a lot about debates and they will tell you they are all about expectations. Much was expected of Duceppe and although he clearly won the debate he seemed nervous at the beginning of the debate, as was noticed by many pundits. Therefore although he won, he didn't meet expectations. Not much was expected of Harper and he delivered on that, Layton a little more was expected and he delievered on that. Martin had high expectations as well, not as high as Duceppe's but high.

Now, obviously I can not be entirely objective on this because his message is obviously going to resonate with me more than any of the other leaders, so I listened to pundits and most agree that Martin was a pleasant suprise, and that he seemed energized and passionate. Therefore he is the only leader that beat expectations. Ergo the day goes to his party.

Totals
Liberals 9 (Days 1,3,5,6,10,11,15,16,17)
Conservatives 7 (Days 2,4,7,9,12,13,14)
NDP 1 (Day 8)

2 comments:

Red Tory said...

Duceppe almost always wins the debates. It practically goes without saying. Not that we should be surprised. After all, he's got fewer balls to juggle.

Hishighness said...

As I said debates are about expectations. Duceppe did win there is no doubt in anyone's mind. But he wasn't as good as he's been, ergo he didn't meet expectations. Wheras Martin was slightly better than people expected.

I know you think I'm biased, but ask yourself if I was would I not say the Liberals have won every day?