Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dryden Dissapoints me

I never was a fan of the Montreal Canadiens, I was a hardcore Nordique fan until they moved to Colorado and I followed them there (Happy I did too, 2 Stanley Cups later) that being said when I heard Ken Dryden was running for the Liberals I was pleased, a new big name to help bring the Liberal message to the common man. However I must say after watching him in Question Period and his performance running his department I'm pretty disappointed. Perhaps this is just a case of expecting too much, like when I went in thinking Revenge of the Sith was going to be the best Star Wars movie ever only to end up having it suck. (In My Opinion Anyway -Ed.)

Watch Question Period some day and you'll see what I mean, his answers seem rushed, like he's not able to convey what he's trying to say. I know the man is intelligent, I know he knows what he's talking about, but he just isn't a great orator, and if your running a portfolio as important as his you need to be.

Now you all know me, you know i'm a Liberal For Life and I support them to the ends of the Earth, but that doesn't mean I'm blind, and that doesn't mean I can't criticize. Face it when your getting out manouvered by Rona Freaking Ambrose in the House on a daily basis something is seriously wrong with your game. I mean Jesus even Ruby Dhalla smoked her on Countdown with Mike Duffy when Rona would actually let her talk, and she's a back bencher! I'm thinking he might need a stint in Triple A (That's to a less critical portfolio for those of you unfarmilliar with baseball terminology -Ed.) Hopefully when Martin shuffles his cabinet he'll bring someone else into the fold.

I'm open to any and all Liberal views on this issue so please feel free to comment.

No comments: