Sunday, June 05, 2005

"Don't Touch Me"

Bloggers Note: Normally when I post something like this it's just me being a Liberal, making up stuff or giving that vaunted Liberal spin, but this story is just way too good on it's own. I'll of course spin it, but not before letting you read the pertinent part of the article first. For confirmation, the entire article can be found here.
Alarmed by the positive poll readings Martin garnered recently from his encounters with pre-voting-age Canadians who appear to enjoy the Prime Minister's company, Harper's handlers arranged a photo-op of their own at a Wallaceburg, Ont., rehab centre for children. But the Tory leader was miscast for the assignment. He watched silently, not knowing what to say to these kids. Until, that is, one of the finger-painting toddlers leaned toward his tailored suit. "Don't touch me," Harper said. Okay. So what are you doing here?

DON’T TOUCH ME????? What kind of man is this guy? I mean, I don’t like children either but I’m a 25 year old guy who isn’t trying to be the Prime Minister of Canada! (At least not right now –Ed.) And he wonders why people don’t like him. I wish I had some good website hosting and access to news video archives, I’d dial up footage of Prime Minister Martin at the daycare center just up the road from where I live, hugging and playing with the children, then I’d cut in to Steven Harper saying “Don’t Touch Me.” Then back to Martin laughing with the children, then “Don’t Touch Me.” Then I’d…. Well, you get the picture.

The more I see and know about this guy, the more he makes my skin crawl. And every single day I wake up I get down on my knees and prey to whatever deity is up there controlling our fates and wish for Steven Harper to remain the leader of the Conservative party. Every single day I prey for Steven Harper’s wellbeing, because this guy is the best thing to happen to the Liberal party since its founding. He’s a poster boy for idiocy, he makes Stockwell Day and Monte Solberg look like Albert Einstein!

No comments: